Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ahoy, Matey, a Pirate Party ahead!

Today was Nathan's 3rd birthday. His favorite movie of the moment is Peter Pan so he wanted a PIRATE party. And what a cool party he got! When we got to the house we'd found it transformed into a Pirate's Den.

As you can see, Captain Nathan had his protectors and and lovely wench at his side!

Pretty soon all Captain Nathan's pirate cronies arrived and
after a quick group photo it was time to get down to pirating.

It quickly started off with testing the skill of putting the lost eye patch on the pirate.

As we can see, wench Danielle should not be
allowed to eye patch anyone!

But seawoman Kalea came through with an almost perfect placement! Any of you out there with lost patches, just call this friendly pirate for a quick fix.

Then it was time for Capt'n Nathan to unveil
his recently acquired treasures.

While a little hard to see through the mass of pirates, Capt'n Nathan made out with lots of water pistols to fight off all those dirty varmints that will try and take over his ship!

He seemed puzzled by the small cars he got...what's a pirate to do with wheeled objects, they don't float!

But the best bounty of all was a land lubber vehicle so he could quickly get through towns before he is spotted and captured.

Then it was time to sink his ship! Everyone soon gathered around to sing to our Capt'n and wish him a Happy 3rd Birthday.
(Emily did an excellent job on the cake.)

As you can see, all the little pirates made short work of the delicious chocolate cake and cookie ice cream!

After food was duly put away, a Treasure Hunt was had that ended with all the lucky pirates taking home a cool pirate coloring book and a goodie bag to ensure all the little pirates bounce off the walls for hours to come!

Soon it was time to leave as Captain Nathan sails off into his 3rd year and the many challenges that face him.

4 comments:

Rivers said...

Way cute mom. I am glad that you shared the experience with us. jeannette

Becky Fernandez said...

love your blog...glad you started one! easier to keep in 'touch'! i still can't believe how many BEAUTIFUL grandkids you have!

Emily said...

I love that you documented Nathan's birthday party. You did such a cute job. I wish I could print it in a little book and save it for Nathan. He'll be lucky if I ever even get the pictures printed! Thank you! So great!

Britta Eve said...

What a cute party! I wish we could have been there. And I love your blog, you are a good author! Keep em' coming. I need to figure out how to invite you to our blog..I will get back to you on that.