Monday, May 18, 2009

First "Official" Beach Trip

This last weekend (May 16) Diana was working at a concert about 15 mins from Christine's house. So Danielle and I took the opportunity to go down for a visit. It's been pretty warm lately and we went for my first official beach visit of the year. We decided to try a new spot where the waves don't pound you into the ground and try to sweep you out to sea. We ended up at Corona Del Mar (waves reminded me of Refugio).

Here's Danielle waiting for that "big" wave to bodysurf.

That was a big one?!?

Here's Kalea prancing in the "lake."

Look Ma. . . lunch!!

(Christine and Isaiah)
This is how the other half enjoyed the beach.

Isaiah was our official sandman!

Kalea our watergirl. Someone had to
keeps Isaiah's sand nice and wet.

Danielle and Thomas enjoy some waves when they showed up.

Well as the photos plainly show, this was not a great beach day. The sky was all overcast which made it, this time of year, a bit on the cool side. So after about an hour and half we packed it in and went home. But as Christine says, she's close enough to do it all over again the next day. Me? I'm old enough to think that is too much work :)

As we were on our way out, I saw these
cool plant sculptures that I almost manage
to get a picture of before Thomas turned into traffic.

No comments: