Friday, May 8, 2009

An AWESOME House!

My parents moved from their home in California to a new house in Bountiful, Utah. It's a very nice house and I would like to take you on a tour of the house. I will try and explain it the best I can, but I know that as good as pictures are, it's not as good as being there! So go visit soon! :) They would love the company.

OK, the way I have this set up, imagine yourself coming up the 4 or 5 steps to the front door and then through the front door. As you come in this is what you see, except you are actually facing the quilt on the wall straight on. The wall is a pony wall on the kitchen and stairway.

Now, we are going to go left. What you would see straight in front of you would be the upstairs guest bathroom -- what no picture you say? Just how many bathroom pictures does a blog need anyway?! As you look at the picture above you see an open door in the background, that is our next destination, the master bedroom.

I hope you can imagine how big this especially compared to their old one. It's actually HUGE! Look at all that room between the bed and the dresser. As you go in the bedroom, off to your left would be the door to the bathroom. It is actually a bedroom size bathroom.

Off to the right of where this was taken is a whirlpool bathtub with the shower next to it. The door in the back goes to the walk in closet. I think the bedroom, bath, and closet area is as big as the living part of my house. :-)

Now as you go out of the bedroom door, you face the front door. See the familiar shelf, it came to Utah too.

The door you see at the end of the hall goes to the garage, the door on the left is the laundry room, and the door on the right is that infamous bathroom.

As we go around the railing for the stairs we come to a room that sits right next to the front door. It is Mom's study and it is very cozy.

And as you can see, she also has her computer up here.

She studies, does her computer work, and we won't tell but I bet she naps in there too!

Next to the study is the living room. Now this is one of the smallest living rooms I've seen in a house this size, but it's cozy. I'm sure that fireplace warms them up nice and fast

Notice the wood shades, they are on all the windows in the house. I asked Mom if she liked them, and she is very happy with the way you can control the sun with them.

Across from the living room is the Kitchen. Dad is actually standing at the back of the dining part of the kitchen.

It has all hardward floors, beautiful cabinets, and as you can see at the top of the picture, what wall there is is painted red. Very smart. (Jeannette liked the color really well.. wonder why?! :) The refrigerator is on the right, right next to those drawers you see and is a very cool one with the bottom freezer and nice wide shelves on top.

And that is it for the main floor. On to the basement! Here are the stairs.

Now at the bottom of the stairs stop and look to the right. This picture is what you would see if you looked right, minus the human pendulum.

(Brenley and Keith)
It is a mini kitchen, with a small refrigerator that mom uses as her overflow. It also has a sink and microwave but no regular stove.

Now as you look left, you see the new TV. See that china cabinet? That was completely empty when I was there...Mom has been busy!

It's not pictured, but as you stand at the stairs, straight across on the wall is another fireplace. What's the odds, two houses with two fireplaces!

Now if you go to the TV and put the TV to your back, this is what you would see. And you thought that picnic table was only for patios. Turns out it makes a marvelous work area for Dad to spread out all over on, much easier on the back than the floor.

Notice the window. All the downstair windows actually are at flower level so it makes for nice viewing if you happen to have the shades open. Or to watch little legs as they run back and forth out back.

Here is yet another china cabinet full. Mom has really been busy. Notice the familiar pictures on the walls.

Here is Dad's computer, this is his space. The picnic table is behind him as he sits at the computer.

Please take notice of the scanner. It is AWESOME! It has made Dad's life so much easier on his endless quest of scanning pictures older than him.

The next room is the "guest/Tina" room. Tina stays there when they don't have guests in the house. You go through that door you see between the computer and the china cabinet and make an immediate right and this is what you would see.

I cannot tell you how big this room is. I don't think this picture does it justice. When we were there, there were these two big beds, the dresser, the shelves, we put an air mattress on the floor and the kids still had room to play. Very nice accomodations just waiting for some visitors (hint, hint).

As you go out the bedroom, just on the right is the guest bathroom. Good size, and with only one sink it gives you lots of counter top to spread out on.


Now we're going to the best part of any house. The storage rooms! And does this house have storage. We're going back to the base of the stairs.

The wall you see on the right is the stairwall. This is the hall of storage. Almost every door down this hall leads to unbelievable storage, well except the one straight at the end of the hall.

As you see, this one goes to the furnace room. I thought Dad had something in there, but I can't remember what it was and it's not pictured, it was off to the left.

The door on the left in the hall down by the furnace room is, well, storage.

How many of you are drooling over a room of all shelves?!

Next to this is a doorway that leads to the "theatre" room. It is a long room that is under the garage and has no windows in it. So legally it cannot be used as a bedroom. . .

. . .but it does make a nice area to sort through moving boxes. As you can see, this is where Mom found all her treasures to put out in the china cabinets.

Now if you look at that picture up above from the doorway, you see there is a door yet off this room. This leads to the pantry room, it's like the room off the shop at the old house. Supreme food storage, stays nice and cool I bet, even through the summer.

As you can see from the picture above and below, Mom has done a good job in getting the food supply stocked back up. Such a nice room, I was very jealous of this storage room. Mom has it so nicely organized too.

The last room and the end of our tour is the last storage room. It is the first door looking down the hall.

It is the cake decorating storage room. I believe a woman designed this house, who else but a woman would think to put so much storage in! Three rooms with nothing but shelves.. sigh.

Well, I realize that sometimes it's hard to visualize the diagram of a house from pictures, but I hope this tour has shown how the things we all identify with Mom and Dad's/Grandma and Grandpa's house have found such a nice new home and that you will want to go visit soon!

No comments: