Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kalea bug comes to visit

(At some point I started calling Kalea my Kalea bug,I guess because she is just as cute as a "bug in the rug")

Recently Kalea came to visit us and we had so much fun with her. She lived with us for four months at one time in her young life and I think that because of that she considers our house home away from home...and we don't mind!

A routine that Danielle and I have is to get up and do her reading before we do breakfast and other homework. Kalea would join us on the couch for reading time (most of the time) and then we'd all adjourn to the kitchen for "homework" and breakfast.

As you can see, Kalea worked very hard on her "homework."

And what beautiful work she does too!

Also, while she was here, Grandpa worked on the garden
so of course...

...our little helper was out there making sure
the soil was well turned and...

...giving Grandpa pointers on how to plant!

After all that hard work,
it was time to cool off with Danielle in the sprinklers.

Then we talked to Aunt Emily and decided the next
day to go to the park with Nathan and Audry.

Is that an excited face or what?!

Ok, let's see, I'll just crawl up this ladder... ok, I'll just...
wait, what is this, I can't move!!!!!!

Nathan decided to avoid that crazy ladder
and found a better way to climb!

A nice calm mom watches on,
but I think Audry looks a bit concerned.

When yer' tired, it doesn't matter how you lay and rest!

Later we discovered BUBBLES that Gr Grandma Watts had sent home with Danielle. Kalea is really a very good bubble blower, she got those bubbles blowin' in the wind with no problem.

Kalea bug, we had so much fun with you here,
please come and visit again soon!!!!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Your blog looks great. I'm so excited to see what's going on with ya'll.

Christine said...

Mom, thank you so much, this was such a sweet, thoughtful first post. Keep doing it. It was wonderful.

Kalea really is so special. I love that little girl so much. All the kids in our family are so special.

You could do a belated post of Utah??