Monday, May 25, 2009

Garden News

Well, we got a Salsa Garden in this year. I say that because 98% of our garden is tomatoes, peppers, and onions. OHH, I just thought of a place to put some cilantro, then it will be complete. Here's a few pics on how's it doing so far.

Tomatoes are very happy. They seem to be getting just the right amount of water and heat. We have 10 plants, some of them already have set some tomatoes. I can't wait for a fresh tomato!!

This is our squash plants. We have 3 hills with 3-5 plants each in them, we should be overwhelmed with squash soon.

These are pea plants and they are covered in peas. Those little buggers just need to fill out their pods and they'll be ready for pickin'. To the front of the plants are some beet plants and to the left is our cucumber plants.

Well that's a start on our garden, I'll show progress and remember to get pictures of our vast pepper crop. We have close to 20 plants, I probably won't be sad if a few don't survive (like the 8 the rabbits chewed to stumps). We've never had a rabbit problem before so this will be an interesting experience for us.

1 comment:

Becky Fernandez said...

i am majorly impressed! ive yet to try a garden, but have fond memories of the parents gardening in pinetop and the yumminess of their efforts! your plants look great!